A peer Leader must attend a 5-day training and must attend all 5 days. Training Materials are provide, free lunch is also available. You must pre-register through Hearts and Hands. There is pre-training screening & interview required.
- You will attend 5 full days of training with two fun Master Trainers!
- When you are finished you will be required to co-lead 2 workshops per year, the workshop is 2 1/2 hours long, one day/week for 6 weeks.
Benefits to becoming a Peer Leader
- You will help your peers improve the quality of their lives!
- Become a Volunteer of Hearts and Hands and receive:
Supplemental auto insurance
Invitation to our Annual Volunteer Luncheon
Invitation to quarterly Peer Leader Breakfast and it's free!
You will be nationally certified through Stanford Univesity and could lead these workshops elswhere!
WHAT IS LIVING HEALTHY?
Living healthy is a program that teaches adults experiencing chronic health proplems (i.e., diabetes, arthritis, chronic pain, high blood pressure, etc...) practical skills needed to manage chronic conditions in order to live healthy, full lives. Trained volunteer peer leaders lead these with fun, highly participatory 6-week workshops that take place once-a-week for 2 1/2 hours.
There is a training coming up at the end of August, if You are serious about this opportunity Reach out to Eugene soon! The dates are: Aug. 29 & 31, Sep 5, 7, & 12, 2017
(Breakfast & Lunch provided)
- Teaching / Instruction
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5 day training plus two session per year
- Registration form