About Break the Silence against Domestic Violence
Break the Silence against Domestic Violence is a national non-profit organization tirelessly working to combat domestic violence. By leading the conversation in speaking out against this issue, providing assistance for those affected by abuse through a nationwide network of chapters, coordinating national events and awareness campaigns, and fostering relationships with major news outlets such as Glamour Magazine, ESPN, and Investigation Discovery, Break the Silence against Domestic Violence provides hope and empowerment for all. For more information about the organization, visit our website at www.breakthesilencedv.org
Please read through this entire description before contacting us as it contains important information regarding the Volunteer Coordinator duties.We are seeking an outgoing, collegial, energetic and capable person with great social and organizational skills and experience to assist our volunteer coordinator to:
- Define volunteer needs and develop volunteer opportunity descriptions
- Develop, organize and maintain volunteer and intern recruitment strategies
- Respond to volunteer inquiries in a timely and individualized manner Set interview schedules with prospective volunteers
- Set, maintain and monitor volunteer work schedules (note: this requires familiarity with common office software)
- Generate enthusiasm and commitment in volunteers
- Maintain and update volunteer documents Assess and improve volunteer program and processes
- Organize volunteer team building events
We are looking for a person that can make a long-term commitment to our organization.
The Volunteer Coordinator Assistant position requires interaction with our entire team, a greater weekly commitment is needed then most of our other volunteer opportunities.
Our office is open Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
When you write us (please don't telephone), it is helpful if you tell us about your skills, experience, interests and anything else you might want to share so that we may respond to your inquiry more fully.
Please visit our Web site: www.breakthesilencedv.org to learn more about our mission, goals and projects. BREAK THE SILENCE AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE is an all volunteer organization of dynamic, culturally diverse, passionate, capable and unique volunteers.
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Assistance
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Web Master
- Marketing Committee
- On-site Event Volunteer
- Social Media Promotions Team...
- Grant Writer
- Grant Writer
- Blog Writer
- Marketing Committee: Graphic...
- Grants of Hope Advocate
- Marketing Committee: Marketing...
- Marketing Committee: Event...
- Managing Director
- Women Empowerment Coordinator
- On-Site Event Volunteer
- Merchandise Coordinator
- San Diego Volunteer Coordinator
- Angel Run Team Members
- Fundraising Committee
- Community Engagement Director
- On Site Event Volunteer