· First point of contact for the community garden to answer any potential renter questions, current issues or concerns.
· Assist RRI during prep months (January/February) to rent out garden plots. 14 active garden plots can be rented every season.
· During growing season the Community Garden Liaison will help ensure renters are following guidelines and rules on the land. Rules and guidelines are provided to every gardener when they sign the contract to rent the plot.
· Assist with water monitoring. This will include ensuring gardeners are not using more than their limit and scheduling fire department for re-fills the tanks
· Weekly stops at garden to ensure renters are keeping up with plot maintenance (weeding, plot boundaries, etc..)
Qualifications: A member of the local community who is passionate about urban sustainability and having genuine relationships with other community members. You do not need to be a professional gardener for this role, but have a drive for the true meaning of community.
At RRI, we believe that all should be involved in the local community. Our gardens should reflect this idea with our renters and their relationship with RRI members. We offer the Community Garden liaison a plot for free at the Jericho Rd. community garden. Though, accepting the plot is not necessary(we understand people are busy), gardening alongside the renters will only further your relationship.
- Group Facilitation
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours (can be less) a week from March to October