We need a Treasurer of the Board for our nonprofit, For Goodness Cakes.
Our mission is to match volunteers to bake birthday cakes for at-risk and underprivileged youth.
The Treasurer plays a critical role in managing and diligence through proper management and utilization of important records such as meeting minutes and the organization's bylaws.
- Financial transaction oversight - Be knowledgeable about who has access to the organization’s funds, and any outstanding bills or debts owed, as well as developing systems for keeping cash flow manageable
- Budgets - Develop the annual budget as well as comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget
- Financial Policies - Oversee the development and observation of the organization’s financial policies
- Reports - Keep the board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health in addition to completing required financial reporting forms in a timely fashion and making these forms available to the board
- Finance Committee - Serve as Chair of the Finance Committee and meet with the Executive Director as-needed to discuss fiscal strategic planning
-Must demonstrate experience in scalability and strategic financial planning
-Previous nonprofit accounting experience required; board experience preferred in an organization with a chapter model
-Must reside in the Los Angeles County area
-Attend all quarterly board meetings (dates are not set in stone but works around the schedules of other officers)
-Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
*We ask that you give an 18 month minimum commitment
- Strategic Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 18 month minimum
- Nonprofit accounting experience