The Front Desk Volunteer is the first face and voice of the Hospitality House of Charlotte (HHOC) that guests and visitors will see and speak with when they arrive at or call into HHOC. The Front Desk Volunteer needs to be warm, friendly, and helpful while respecting the needs, privacy and burdens or our guests and visitors. There are also many visitors who come to the house for tours or to volunteer their valuable time. We want to ensure that the Front Desk makes everybody feel welcome.
?Front Desk Volunteers are needed seven days a week, as well as on Holidays and evenings (HHOC remains open 365 days a year).
? Shift times are:
9am - 1pm
1pm - 5pm
5pm - 9pm - really in need of this shift time!
Some key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Check Guests in or out depending on time of shift
- Answer questions or calls that guests, visitors or hospital staff may have
- Utilize various forms of technology to assist office staff (i.e. operating our front door access system, making guest room key cards, send faxes, scheduling Day Guests Appointments with web based schedule system, etc.)
- Call families on our daily waitlist to confirm guest room availability; notate conversation summary on waitlist to ensure information is passed along to next shift
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be willing to make a 6-month minimum commitment to volunteering
- Must consent to a background check
- Comfortable using various forms of technology
- Show kindness to guests who may be in a hurry, concerned about a loved one, and stressed
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Attend a one-time Prospect Volunteer Orientation, complete a background check (paid by HHOC), shadow for a minimum of two shifts with experienced volunteer or until New Volunteer Training Checklist is completed.
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- monthly for 3-4 hr shifts.