As a Volunteer Cashier, you will work in the cash register stand and will interact with all paying customers as well as greet customers coming into the Store. Your great people skills will be vital to create rapport with customers and team members and leave a positive impression of Habitat for Humanity on everyone. You will be trained on all policies and procedures to properly account for all sales and to provide excellent customer service.
- Record sales of merchandise on our Point of Sale system and issue receipts
- Process paperwork relating to Sold Items held for later pick-up, and Pending Sale product holds
- Properly record special functions such as discounts, returns and no tax sales.
- Count and reconcile till at end of shift.
- Leave a positive impression on everyone you interact with.
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- At least one four hour shift per week
- No criminal history, able to stand on feet for long periods of time, willing to learn, must be 16+