Purpose: Community Involvement Programs is looking for a volunteer American Sign Language Interpreter who is available to help a person we support translate during meetings. Our Employment Services and Community Support cohort promote wellness, safety and recovery for individuals who have severe, persistent mental health issues and/or intellectual disabilities. We are seeking an ASL volunteer who is passionate about their work and willing to assist with diverse groups of individuals.
- Attendance and translation at meetings between an employment consultant and a person CIP supports
- Maintaining an open line of communication through ASL
Become an active member of society helping people learn about themselves and find gainful employment.
- Be rewarded knowing you are assisting individuals to live their greatest lives
- Build experience in translation and in working with people with disabilities and with mental health disorders
- Learn about CIP’s revolutionary employment process
- American Sign Language
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training