Advocate for a child in foster care (Long Beach, West LA, South Bay, Santa Monica)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereLong Beach, South Bay, WeHo, West LA, Culver City,Torrance, CA 90503
A Court Appointed Special Advocate (or CASA) volunteer makes a difference for children in foster care. CASA volunteers are paired to work one-on-one with a child and ensure they have the services and support needed in the areas important to all children: stable placement, education, and healthcare. There are 30,000 kids in the foster care system in LA and many need the support of a CASA volunteer.
The first step toward becoming a CASA volunteer is attending a one-hour information session, where we describe the role and impact our volunteers have.
We are offering information sessions in the following locations:
- Santa Monica on 5/23/17 at 6:00pm and 6/3/17 at 10:00am
- Long Beach on 6/6/17 at 6:00pm, and 7/19/17 at 6:00pm
- West LA on 6/15/17 at 3:00pm
- Redondo Beach on 6/21/17 at 6:00pm
- Harbor City on 7/11/17 at 2:00pm
- West Hollywood on 7/22/17 at 10:00am
- Culver City on 7/26/17 at 12:00pm
To RSVP for one of these information sessions, please visit: http://casala.org/informationsessions/ or call 323-859-2888. More information is available at http://casala.org/.
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Child Welfare
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per month, minimum two year commitment
- Willingness to travel wherever your child is placed