Advocate for a child in foster care (West, LA, WeHo, Long Beach, South Bay, Culver City)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereLong Beach, South Bay, WeHo, West LA, Culver City,Torrance, CA 90503
A Court Appointed Special Advocate (or CASA) volunteer makes a difference for children in foster care. CASA volunteers are paired to work one-on-one with a child and ensure they have the services and support needed in the areas important to all children: stable placement, education, and healthcare. There are 30,000 kids in the foster care system in LA and many need the support of a CASA volunteer.
The first step toward becoming a CASA volunteer is attending a one-hour information session, where we describe the role and impact our volunteers have.
We are offering information sessions in the following locations:
- West LA on 3/23/17 at 2:00pm
- West Hollywood on 3/25/17 at 11:00am and 4/11/17 at 6:00pm
- Long Beach on 3/28/17 at 10:00am and 4/22/17 at 10:00am
- Harbor City on 4/5/17 at 11:00am
- West Hollyood on 4/11/17 at 6:00pm
- Culver City on 4/20/17 at 6:00pm
To RSVP for one of these information sessions, please visit: http://casala.org/informationsessions/ or call 323-859-2888. More information is available at http://casala.org/.
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per month, minimum two year commitment
- Willingness to travel wherever your child is placed