Advocate for a child in foster care (Glendale, Pasadena, Altadena, SoLA, Monterey Park, DTLA)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereEdmund D. Edelman Children's Court201 Centre Plaza DriveSuite 1100Monterey Park, CA 91754
A Court Appointed Special Advocate (or CASA) volunteer makes a difference for children in foster care. CASA volunteers are paired to work one-on-one with a child and ensure they have the services and support needed in the areas important to all children: stable placement, education, and healthcare. There are 30,000 kids in the foster care system in LA and many need the support of a CASA volunteer.
The first step toward becoming a CASA volunteer is attending a one-hour information session, where we describe the role and impact our volunteers have.
We are offering information sessions in the following locations:
- SoLA on 6/17/17 at 1:00pm, 7/15/17 at 11:00am, and 8/19 at 1:00pm
- Pasadena 6/20/17 at 6:00pm, 7/20/17 at 6:00pm, 8/3/17 at 6:00pm, 810/17 at 12:00pm
- Monterey Park on 6/23/17 at 12:00pm
- South Pasadena on 7/11/17 at 12:00pm
- Glendale on 7/18 at 6:00pm and 8/22/17 at 6:00pm
To RSVP for one of these information sessions, please visit: http://casala.org/informationsessions/ or call 323-859-2888. More information is available at http://casala.org/.
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per month, minimum two year commitment
- Willingness to travel wherever your child is placed