Help our residents stay informed about current events by reviewing the newspaper with them weekday mornings. Volunteer would be reading the newspaper out loud to a small group of residents. Volunteers select appropriate articles to share with residents and read 2-4 paragraphs from each section.
Volunteer needed on an ongoing basis on Mondays, Wednesdays, orThursdays. Volunteers arrive early to select articles and set out refreshments. The Newspaper Reader begins group at approximately 9:45 and can go until 10:30 in the morning.
Volunteer must be able to refrain from adding their own opinion or engaging/creating political or religious debates.
- Library Sciences
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hr/week
- Drum Circle Assistant
- Special Event Escort
- From crafting to BINGO -- have a...
- One to One Visitors
- Culinary Assistant
- Family Volunteering
- Birthday Party Helper
- Scripture Reader
- Newspaper Reader - Read to older...
- Sunday Service Escorts
- Pianist Needed on Wednesday...
- Gardening Therapy available...
- Flower Delivery: You can help...
- Chair Yoga Instructor (Certified)
- Scripture Reading
- Help residents feel beautiful...
- Help a heart to sing! Share...
- Music has power! Donate your old...
- Technology Helper
- Be a Friend to an Older Adult