Are you a good communicator? Do you have a passion for God’s Word and would love for every language to have the Bible translated into their heart language?
Become an ambassador for JAARS by highlighting the various ways JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth to the visiting public.
Share stories, and guide guests around portions of the center so that they hear and see the amazing services that are provided and how they might become involved.
Serve as an ambassador as you share with guests how JAARS impacts Bible translation.
- For a part-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Learn and know the background needed to represent JAARS (not partner organizations)
- Gather and be able to share stories related to Transportation, Technology, Training, and Media
- Be able to explain the relationship between JAARS, Wycliffe, and SIL
- Provide a two hour intro and walking tour that touches on JAARS history and highlights current services, that is informative and challenges guests to become involved.
- Distribute materials, gather completed response cards, and report numbers to Tours
- Stay up to date on current services through reading JAARS publications and attending Center Meetings and/or Vespers
- Assist with the movement and supervision of large groups between designated areas at special events
- Assist at JAARS Days as much as possible.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy meeting and greeting people
- Neat and well groomed
- Understands the importance of public relations
- Ability to operate the tour electronics (primarily DVD player and projector)
- Completes the Tour Departments training period
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours a week
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff