Do you know about all of the fun activities happening in your community? Don't mind asking for help on behalf of others? Join us as a Child Enrichment Specialist and help us secure fun and engaging opportunities for children in foster care.
Position Title: Child Enrichment Specialist
Organization Overview: Voices for CASA Children is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that works to support the nearly 13,000 abused and neglected children in the Maricopa foster care system through the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Program. Our mission is to give every lost and voiceless child a brighter future.
Summary: Child Enrichment Specialists will work to identify and secure enrichment opportunities for CASA Children of all age groups. Enrichment opportunities are intended to provide these children with opportunities they wouldn’t otherwise be able to experience.
- Identify age appropriate enrichment opportunities for children with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Make and track requests of organizations and individuals to donate appropriate enrichment activities
- Assist in communicating what activities are available to CASA Volunteers
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- Must present a professional and friendly demeanor
- Must be dependable
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Must be comfortable make outreach calls to individuals and organizations
- Must be respectful and maintain privacy of Voices for CASA children, volunteers, donors, and partners
Training and Supervision:
- Attend general Volunteer Orientation
- Attend a one hour training with the Program Manager
Time Commitment: This position must be willing to commit to a 1 hour monthly meeting and to work independently on making and tracking outreach calls for at least 1 hour each week. This is anticipated to be a 5 hour per month time commitment.
- Gain experience managing donation requests
- Get to know the opportunities for children and families in your community
- Experience working as part of a nonprofit team
- Knowledge that your work is helping build a greater network of support around the thousands of children in the Maricopa foster care system
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per month