It's 2017 and we are gearing up for our 2017 Central Ohio Walk Like MADD! Love to give back to your community? Do you enjoy fundraising? Then we want you!
Walk Like MADD is Mothers Against Drunk Driving's signature fundraiser. It is a 5k walk that raises funds in support of MADD's mission to end drunk driving and assist the victims who have been affected by drunk driving. The funds raised at this event will go towards the following MADD initiatives:
* Providing emotional support and assistance with medical and legal struggles that follow a drunk driving crash.
* Conducting awareness and research-based prevention programs to stop drunk driving and underage drinking such as our Victim Impact Panel program which allows offenders to see their offense from the eyes of the victims and the impact that their actions can have on others.
* Supporting all the heroes in law enforcement who work to keep our roads safe. One of the ways we do this is through our Death Notification training which has been designed for those whose line of work requires them to regularly conduct death notifications to the victim’s loved ones.
For our 2017 Central Ohio Walk Like MADD we are actively looking for people with a passion for fundraising and giving back to join our walk board. The committee meets about once a month until a month prior to the walk, which will be held on September 9th, when our meetings will increase to once a week. Our volunteer board is just that, volunteer. We are currently looking for individuals who can help us market the walk, bring in new walkers/walk teams, and fundraise! If you are interested in helping out please contact Ariana Bowen at Ariana.Bowen@madd.org.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be able to attend monthly meetings