Launch Point is a college and career readiness program that aims to equip students and their families with the resources and information needed to achieve their educational dreams. We are looking for enthusiastic community members to prepare and deliver a 20 minute presentation sharing your college and career stories with our 6th grade students. By sharing about your educational path and career, YOU can help students begin thinking about their futures so they can achieve their dreams! Get involved in your community and show our students what possibilities lay ahead of them!
- Possess a Technical certificate, Associate’s Degree, or higher form of education
- Be able to volunteer for the entire presentation period
- Enjoy working and engaging with children
- Prepare a presentation about their experiences in college and how those experiences led them to their career today
- Present twice for about 25 minutes to students
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- RSVP: After School Tutor /...
- RSVP: Business Leader Presenter
- RSVP: FAFSA Team Volunteering
- RSVP: Cucamonga Service Station...
- RSVP: Summer Enrichment Info...
- RSVP: Advisory Council Member
- School Tools Champion
- RSVP: Infant Development Aide
- RSVP: Adult Literacy Tutor
- RSVP: Educational Advocate
- RSVP: GED Tutor / Coach
- School Makeover: Photographers
- Launch Point - Fontana: Business...
- RSVP: Early Childhood School...
- RSVP: Health Hotline Consultant
- RSVP: School Tools Hero
- RSVP: Court Appointed Special...
- RSVP: Big Brothers Big Sisters...
- RSVP: Adult Literacy Tutor /...
- RSVP: After School Tutor...