While working at CAIR-WA, the Event Planning Intern will play a valuable role in planning and managing all logistical aspects of event planning for our annual awards banquet to be held in June 2016 and for full-day youth events in 2016 that will include meetings with executives, workshops on resume optimization, interview role-play/practice, business communication, for 30 MYLP students (www.cairseattle.org/MYLP)
Tasks include, but are not limited to: setting numerous appointments with executives via e-mail and phone, maintaining a detailed pre-event registration system, compiling detailed event attendee information, track planning committee members' work to ensure completion, track inventory of all supplies needed for events, vetting and confirming experts to prepare students in these areas; preparing and printing of all event literature; and preparing and disseminating all event marketing.
This position is ideal for a student or professional looking to gain valuable experience in event planning, while learning more about CAIR-WA's work in defending civil rights, fighting bigotry, empowering American Muslims, and promoting accurate, representative media portrayals of Islam and Muslims.
- Demonstrated experience in successful event planning and problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing many competing priorities under strict timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to details
- A very positive attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Very proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Internal sense of urgency and initiative that promotes focus, creative thinking and solutions
- Strong verbal and written business communication as well as proofreading and editing skills
HOW TO APPLY: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title(s) of the position(s) in which you are interested, in order of preference. Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in this position, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number).
You may also include a résumé and two references who have supervised you in a past volunteer position, internship or employment. Applicants must pass a background check. All volunteer positions at CAIR-WA are unpaid.
Please note:ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN IMMEDIATELY we respond to applications year-round IMMEDIATELY as they are received, so apply now!
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months, 20 hours per week
- Journalism and Photography...
- Executive Assistant Intern
- General Office Assistance...
- Graphic Design Intern at Civil...
- Media Interview Training Volunteer
- DONOR RELATIONS VOLUNTEER AT...
- Film Production Volunteer
- Public Relations Intern at Civil...
- Civil Rights Case Intake Intern
- Event Planning Intern
- Web Design Intern at Civil...
- Web Development Intern at Civiil...