As an Executive Assistant intern at CAIR-WA, you will play a valuable role in making our office run efficiently, looking professional, and assisting our staff and interns to maximize their ability to serve our communities.
This position is ideal for a high school or college student or professional looking to gain valuable experience in working in a professional office setting, while getting in-depth, hands-on experience in all facets of CAIR-WA's work in defending civil rights, fighting bigotry, empowering American Muslims, and promoting accurate, representative media portrayals of Islam and Muslims. No previous experience is required for this position.
- Present a professional, welcoming first contact to all visitors, including many civil rights clients, to our office
- Confidently answer, transfer and manage phone calls, and take and deliver messages
- Maintain a clean and organized office
- Assist office staff and interns with tasks including donation processing, online and social media postings, event planning, and other tasks as needed
- Confident, professional demeanor
- Assertive, 'can-do' attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to find solutions to achieve results with little supervision under tight deadlines
- Internal sense of urgency and initiative that promotes focus, creative thinking and solutions
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to details
HOW TO APPLY: Please email email@example.com and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title(s) of the position(s) in which you are interested, in order of preference. Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in this position, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number).
You may also include a résumé and two references who have supervised you in a past volunteer position, internship or employment. Applicants must pass a background check. All volunteer positions at CAIR-WA are unpaid.
Please note:ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN IMMEDIATELY we respond to applications year-round IMMEDIATELY as they are received, so apply now!
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months, 20 hours per week
- Executive Assistant Intern
- Graphic Design Intern at Civil...
- Civil Rights Case Intake Intern
- Event Planning Intern
- Journalism and Photography...
- General Office Assistance...
- WEB DESIGN VOLUNTEER AT CIVIL...
- Media Interview Training Volunteer
- DONOR RELATIONS VOLUNTEER AT...
- Film Production Volunteer
- Public Relations Intern at Civil...
- Web Design Intern at Civil...
- Web Development Intern at Civiil...