This is a great opportunity for aspiring graphic designers to utilize their skills, add an extensive amount of work to their portfolio, and have their work distributed among hundreds to thousands of people.
The Graphic Design Intern will draft web and print graphics including: event posters, large banners, event programs, web graphic, annual report, etc. using CAIR branding and pre-designed event themes. The intern will also maintain procedure logs to document CAIR-WA's procedures and protocols.
By drafting and editing publication materials at CAIR, the Graphic Design Intern will play a valuable role in creatively marketing CAIR's programs and services to the Muslim community and educational tools to the non-Muslim community in the Seattle area and greater Washington State.
Literature will be distributed among attendees at special events or in community and posters and banners will be prominently displayed. Some materials will also be featured on our website (such as our Annual Report, Civil Rights Report, and more - see www.cairseattle.org).
- A portfolio of past work showing taste, creativity and professionalism
- Punctuality and reliability
- Experience in use of professional graphic design software, and access to these programs while interning at CAIR (intern will need to bring in his or her own computer with appropriate software to use in the office)
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and under strict time constraints
- Detail-orientation and excellent organizational skills
- A very positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including proof-reading and copy-editing skills
- Professional demeanor
HOW TO APPLY: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title(s) of the position(s) in which you are interested, in order of preference. Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in this position, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number).
You may also include a résumé and two references who have supervised you in a past volunteer position, internship or employment. Applicants must pass a background check. All volunteer positions at CAIR-WA are unpaid.
Please note:ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN IMMEDIATELY we respond to applications year-round IMMEDIATELY as they are received, so apply now!
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months, 20 hours per week
- Journalism and Photography...
- Executive Assistant Intern
- General Office Assistance...
- Graphic Design Intern at Civil...
- Media Interview Training Volunteer
- DONOR RELATIONS VOLUNTEER AT...
- Film Production Volunteer
- Public Relations Intern at Civil...
- Civil Rights Case Intake Intern
- Event Planning Intern
- Web Design Intern at Civil...
- Web Development Intern at Civiil...