As a Public Relations Intern (title could also be Fellow or Volunteer, based on applicant's goals) you will be part of a highly challenging, highly rewarding un-paid 1-year internship where you will deliver measurable societal impact by producing Op-Eds and other written and broadcast media pieces that reach millions of audience members, and gain immense professional-level public relations experience with the guidance of CAIR-WA's Executive Director, and a PR consultant, who has 25+ years of professional PR experience.
You will work on the largest grassroots Muslim community media training and mobilizing project in the nation, designed to bring millions of fellow Americans to fully understand the lives, challenges, accomplishments and contributions of American Muslim women, men and children nationwide
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill the above-mentioned responsibilities
- Possess strong logical reasoning skills
- Submit a portfolio with a minimum three (3) works of no more than 1 page each, illustrating previous experience, skills, interest, and perspective
- Demonstrated ability to craft strategic, compelling messaging for target audiences
- Ability to work under very strict time constraints
- A strong interest in, and familiarity with broadcast, online & print media, especially concerning stories and issues related to Islam and Muslims. (See: www.cairseattle.org/SeattleTimes)
- A 1-year minimum commitment is required for this particular position
HOW TO APPLY: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title(s) of the position(s) in which you are interested, in order of preference. Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in this position, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number).
You may also include a résumé and two references who have supervised you in a past volunteer position, internship or employment. Applicants must pass a background check. All internship and volunteer positions at CAIR-WA are unpaid.
Please note:ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN IMMEDIATELY we respond to applications year-round IMMEDIATELY as they are received, so apply now!
- Program Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year, 20 hours per week
- Executive Assistant Intern
- Graphic Design Intern at Civil...
- Civil Rights Case Intake Intern
- Event Planning Intern
- Journalism and Photography...
- General Office Assistance...
- WEB DESIGN VOLUNTEER AT CIVIL...
- Media Interview Training Volunteer
- DONOR RELATIONS VOLUNTEER AT...
- Film Production Volunteer
- Public Relations Intern at Civil...
- Web Design Intern at Civil...
- Web Development Intern at Civiil...