The Girls on the Run Marketing Intern must possess a passion for and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls on the third through eighth grades. The Girls on the Run program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living which includes an introduction and education on important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making and self respect while training for a 5K event. The innovation curriculum teaches girls to listen and open up while also encouraging them to commit to a healthy lifestyle, and harness their inner strength that they posses. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today.
The Marketing Coordinator is a part time position (10 hours per week) that reports to the Executive Director and Program Coordinator for the fall semester. The Marketing Coordinator (MC) is responsible for creating, planning, and implementing creative marketing initiatives to promote Girls on the Run Central Kentucky in the region.
- Program Promotion- Candidate will attend a 4 hour coach training, participate in a minimum of 5 site visits, and attend all special events, planning meetings and the end of the season 5K.
- Outreach- Research events, health fairs, races, schools, and other places that would be appropriate to promote Girls on the Run Central Kentucky. Initiate contact with approved events and locations to secure opportunities to share GOTR Central Kentucky information. Keep a box of up to date promotional material ready for attending promotional/outreach events. Attend events and give information to interested schools, parents, volunteers, donors, and runners.
- Program Support- Work with Program Coordinator to promote program and 5K registration. Help to create or update materials needed to recruit volunteers and participants.
- Social Media Engagement- Implement a social media calendar using GOTR Central Kentucky information with pictures, relative news and topics, and additional resources. Implement and post social media information on relative platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Public Relations- Write and distribute releases for program launch, organization announcements, and 5K. Keep media list current. Ensure messaging consistent on website and all relative marketing materials.
- Marketing Collateral- Write and distribute various marketing materials throughout the season to help promote events, the program, recruit volunteers, etc. Documents would include Powerpoint, Word documents, graphic designs, signs, social media materials, etc.
- Public speaking experience or interest
- Social Media savvy
- Graphic Design experience
- Innovative, imaginative, and resourceful
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Time management
- Flexibility in schedule
Please submit resume and cover letter to Heidi Guckenberger at Heidi@gotrcentralky.org.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours