Are you skilled in telling a story through video and photography? Do you enjoy using music, sound effects and images to enhance a video? Do you like to work as a team to accomplish a project?
Consider joining the creative services team either as missionary supported or volunteer staff serving a minimum of 100 hours per month to help make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Imagine your work impacting lives for eternity. Share your resume plus portfolio and/or work products to be considered.
Produce high quality photography, video, and animation materials for JAARS and staff needs.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Provide photography and video production services for organization functions including, but not limited to, corporate promotional materials, personal videos, special events, training sessions, etc. in studio or in the field
- Work in collaboration with communication team, or client’s script, to produce high quality photography, video, and animation materials
- Work to meet strategic needs of the Engagement Department and develop use of the brand in keeping with the overall mission of JAARS
- Offer consultation, technical assistance, and coordination of all facets of video and audio recording and editing from brainstorming of ideas, planning, collaboration with script writer, shooting stills and HD camera video footage, editing, including sound effects, music, images and graphics, to pre-production and post-production
- Maintain organized files of images, footage, and recordings for archives and repurposing
- Demonstrate professional craftsmanship and techniques in filming, photography, editing, pre and post production
- Some travel possible
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Two years of study in film/video production, and two years minimum position relevant work experience
- Experienced capturing audio in challenging environments
- Knowledge of photographic and video production principles
- Experienced with studio techniques and field lighting environments
- Creative expertise in development of script/storyboard a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop or Final Cut software
- Self-motivated, has organizational skills, and an effective communicator
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Up to 40 hours a week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Engagement Project Coordinator
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff