Do you enjoy working with your hands, troubleshooting why something isn’t working, and then successfully fixing it? Do you have a construction background/training? Do you enjoy variety in your work?
Facilities Maintenance at JAARS needs a skilled technician who can tackle problems, take on the repair of equipment, and successfully maintain it.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth. You can be part of the team helping care for the facilities and impact lives for eternity.
Responsible for maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment, and buildings at JAARS.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Repair, maintain, or remodel outside or within physical structures
- Conduct planned maintenance of equipment in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations
- Inspect and perform routine repairs and adjustments on units such as pumps, generators, compressors, air conditioning units, and major appliances
- Diagnose malfunctions of equipment using gauges, meters, or other test equipment, and use experience and technical manuals to plan repairs
- Check electrical wiring, perform basic rewiring where necessary
- Perform construction or alteration projects on center buildings
- Use hand tools, power tools, gas, and electric welding equipment to perform modifications and repairs
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- Training in Construction or as an Electrician or Mechanic preferred
- Experience in Construction, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Framing and finishing experience preferred
- Perform simple electrical rewiring and repairs
- Proficiency in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to safely use welding equipment is desired
- Experience in general maintenance work
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 40 hours per week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- Aviation Hangar Receptionist
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Aviation Hangar Bookkeeper
- Partner Relations Representative
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- Bloom Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor