Skilled Maintenance Technician
Do you like to bring glory to God by using the skills He has given you in a specific trade? Do you have well-rounded maintenance experience that enables you to perform a variety of tasks to maintain buildings and equipment?
JAARS is in need of skilled workers to help us maintain our various facilities and equipment on center so that we can continue to make Bible translation and language development possible. Could you become part of the team?
- This is a 1.0 FTE (40 hrs.) position for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
Maintain, inspect, repair, and perform skilled maintenance service on facilities and grounds.
- Perform a variety of skilled maintenance work requiring knowledge and experience in one or more skilled trades
- Install various items and/or system components of a complex nature
- Maintain facilities, tools, and equipment in safe, comfortable, and operating condition
- Inspect and perform routine repairs on machines, equipment, or structures
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and facilities
- Diagnose and resolve facility operational and/or safety concerns
- Test and/or troubleshoot to assess an item’s function and recommend repair or replacement
- Complete projects and work orders efficiently and record job tickets daily
- Guide general maintenance technicians in performing skilled trades to develop their knowledge and skills
- Be reliable with a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience and knowledge of operating equipment, precision measuring instruments, or electronic testing devices used in your specific trade
- Ability to perform job functions with appropriate materials, tool, methods, and equipment
- Flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances
- Skilled in the use of hand and electrical tools
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems desired
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings and repair manuals
- Good organizational, time management, and follow up skills
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.