Enjoy History? Looking for a fun and relaxing volunteer opportunity? Carlyle House Historic Park, a colonial house museum in Old Town Alexandria, seeks volunteer docents to give public tours of this historic building. Carlyle House, built in 1753, interprets the home and family of John Carlyle, a merchant and town founder.
- Guide visitors on tours through the house.
- Preserve the past by bringing John Carlyle and 18th-Century Alexandria to life.
- Teach visitors about the cultural heritage of Alexandria.
- Work together with museum staff to give each visitor an enjoyable experience at the Carlyle House. Learn more everyday about the Carlyle family and life in 18th-Century Virginia.
Carlyle House Docents commit to volunteering at least 2 weekday shifts per month or 1 weekend shift per month. Morning shifts are 10am-1pm and afternoon shifts are 1pm-4pm.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 weekday shifts or 1 weekend shift per month.