Force Boys & Girls Club offers homework help and tutoring to our 1st through 5th grade members, Mondays through Thursdays from 5:00-6:00pm. Each grade tackles their homework in a classroom setting. Many children need one-on-one help when completing their homework and reading assignments. We are seeking volunteers interested in this opportunity! Not much teaching experience? No problem...
What experience do you need?
1. Must love kids.
2. Must practice patience.
3. Must be punctual and reliable.
4. Must come in one day during Power Hour for a trial period so we can see you in action.
5. Volunteers seeking a long-term opportunity may be subject to a background check. Please inquire.
BGCMD serves children who are at-risk, low-income, and/or struggle with academics and behavior management. Our kids are wonderful, but it is important that all volunteers understand and respect our members' limitations. Training will be provided so that you feel comfortable and prepared, and volunteers will always work under the supervision of a BGCMD staff member. If you're up to the task, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! Contact us ASAP!
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Mondays-Thursdays 5:00-6:00pm (days are flexible)