Force Boys & Girls Club offers homework help and tutoring to our 1st through 5th grade members, Mondays through Thursdays from 5:00-6:00pm. Each grade tackles their homework in a classroom setting with one paid instructor. Many children need one-on-one help when completing their homework and reading assignments. We are seeking volunteers interested in this opportunity! Not much teaching experience? No problem...
What experience do you need?
1. Must love kids.
2. Must practice patience.
3. Must be punctual and reliable.
4. Must come in one day during Power Hour for a trial period so we can see you in action.
5. Volunteers seeking a long-term opportunity may be subject to drug test and background check. Please inquire.
BGCMD serves children who are at-risk, low-income, and/or struggle with academics and behavior management. Our kids are wonderful, but it is important that all volunteers understand and respect our childrens' limitations. Training will be provided so that you feel comfortable and prepared, and volunteers will always work with a paid staff member. If you're up to the task, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! Contact us ASAP!
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Mondays-Thursdays 5:00-6:00pm (days are flexible)