Board Member Expectations: MAP is comprised of a Board of Directors with at least 5 members, a Board of Advisors, office staff, and volunteers. Board members are diverse individuals with experiences from all around the world. The Board of Directors includes the positions of President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. These members accept additional responsibilities, including fiscal and managerial, that coincide with the mission of MAP. They are responsible for decision-making, delegating work, and follow-up with intended decisions. Board members serve for three year terms, with potential renewal of a second term following evaluation.
Position Summary: The Vice President oversees and helps manage the current and future development of Mangrove Action Project while working in collaboration with other board members. S/He specifically works with the President to ensure the overall growth at MAP in the sectors of marketing, fiscal, fundraising, donor relations, campaigns, and research and development.
Reports to: President, Board of Directors and Advisors
Position Responsibilities: In addition to the board member-at large responsibilities, Mangrove Action Project Board Vice President has the following specific responsibilities:
- Foster strong relationship with the President and Executive Director to ensure duties and assignments are being fulfilled.
- In the circumstance of absence of the President, the Vice President will act as the board chair and ensure proper documentation is delivered to and received by all board and staff members.
- Develops and implements office transition procedures working closely with the Board President; verifies with Outreach Coordinator and records volunteers and interns.
- Performs duties assigned by board including evaluations; actively recruits new board members and help retain current board for both Board of Advisors and Board of Directors.
- Assist the President to oversee, review, and conduct report for quarterly meetings; Perform annual evaluation reports on board members and staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field
- An overall professional experience of at least 7 years
- Prior nonprofit experience involving fundraising, marketing/branding, and fiscal management
- Ability to communicate with variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding presentation and communication and collaboration skills
- Strong commitment to professional development of MAP and staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team.
- Master’s degree or PhD in a related field
MAP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action organization committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained board and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, MAP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To submit the required documentation of this position, please email cover letter and resume to Sara@mangroveactionproject.org with the subject line "Board Member Applicant"
- Resource Development / Management
- Strategic Planning
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours per month