Support Group Facilitator Volunteers (Group Time Vary)
3 people are interested
Support Group Volunteer Facilitator : Co-facilitators assist the staff facilitator and help create a supportive environment while providing advocacy and education for survivors who have experienced sexual assault or domestic violence. SafeHouse provides both drop-in and closed curriculum based groups. No previous group facilitation experience is required. Volunteers are required to be available for 2 hours for their assigned support group. Support Groups are based on need and availability.
- Jail Group [Friday 9:00-10:30 am]
- DVGroup [Thursday 6:00-7:30 pm]
- SA Group [Monday 6:00-7:30 pm]
- Huron Valley Prison Group [Monday 6:00-8:00 pm] [Friday 1:30-3:30 pm]
- LATRE Group [Fall & Spring]
- Male Survivor Group
- LGBTQI Survivor Group
- Spanish Speaking Survivor Group
We do require a 32 hour crisis intervention training and all 5 days are mandatory to attend before volunteering with survivors can begin. In addition, we require 8 hour on the job training and a six month commitment.
Please check to see if the dates match you schedule availability:
Our Fall 2019 Direct Service Volunteer Training will take place over five days:
- Day 1: Friday, September 20 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 2: Saturday, September 21 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 3: Sunday, September 22 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 4: Friday, October 4 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 5: Saturday, October 5 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
To apply for this position please go to www.safehousecenter.org/volunteer-information/volunteer-applications-forms/to complete application. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the next steps in the application process.
Please send application by Monday September 9, 2019 by 12 noon. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the interview process.
If you have questions, please contact our Volunteer and Intern Program Coordinator at (734) 973-0242 x 252 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
4100 Clark RdAnn Arbor, MI 48105
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Counseling
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Face to face interview, mandatory 40 hour training, 6 month commitment & group shift commitment.
- Volunteer In Services