Are you a night owl? Help support our 24/7 programs at SafeHouse Center!
6 people are interested
Shelter/HelpLine Volunteers interact with the residents and children staying in the 50 bed shelter at SafeHouse Center and help answer our 24-hour HelpLine. These volunteers are cross trained to provide crisis intervention, advocacy, education and practical assistance to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault either in the shelter or on the phone.
Volunteers are asked to make a minimum 4 hour per week commitment. Shift is 12am-8am, 4 hour shift.
We do require a 32 hour crisis intervention training and all 5 days are mandatory to attend before volunteering with survivors can begin. In addition, we require 8 hour on the job training and a six month commitment.
Please check to see if the dates match you schedule availability:
Our Spring 2020 Direct Service Volunteer Training will take place over five days:
- Day 1: Friday, March 13 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 2: Saturday, March 14 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 3: Sunday, March 15 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 4: Friday, March 27 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 5: Saturday, March 28 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
To apply for this position please go to www.safehousecenter.org/volunteer-information/volunteer-applications-forms/to complete application. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the next steps in the application process.
Please send application by Monday March 2, 2020. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the interview process.
If you have questions, please contact our Volunteer and Intern Program Coordinator at (734) 973-0242 x 297 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
About SafeHouse Center
4100 CLARK RD, ANN ARBOR, MI 48105, US
To provide safety, support, advocacy and resources for survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence and their children, and To work relentlessly to change the systems and attitudes that allow this abuse to continue.
SafeHouse Center provides support for those impacted by domestic violence or sexual assault. SafeHouse provides free and confidential services for any person victimized that lives or works in Washtenaw County. Our services include emergency shelter for those in danger of being hurt or killed, counseling, legal advocacy, support groups, and especially, hope .
- March 10, 2017 (Friday) 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- March 11, 2017 (Saturday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- March 12, 2017 (Sunday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- March 24, 2017 (Friday) 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- March 25, 2017 (Saturday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Check out www.safehousecenter.org for more details.
We'll work with your schedule.
4100 Clark RdAnn Arbor, MI 48105
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Crisis Counseling
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Face to face interview, mandatory 40 Hour training, 6 month commitment & weekly 4 hour shift.
- Volunteer In Services