Volunteer Citizenship Class Instructors are needed at various East and South County branches of the San Diego County Library.
* Teach civics to prospective citizens using established curriculum, workbooks and materials.
* Help students understand the citizenship application.
* Conduct mock exams to prepare students for citizenship exam.
* Maintain a positive and supportive learning environment.
* 3 hours weekly (class and prep time)
* 6 month commitment
* High School Diploma
* U.S. citizen, fluent English speaker w/ adequate reading & writing skills
* Pass County of San Diego background check
* Citizenship or ESL teaching experience preferred, but not required
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 3 hours per week for 6 months
- HS Diploma, Fluent English speaker, U.S. citizen