Did you know that many of our amazing, hands-on exhibits are created in the basement of the Science Center? Our shop is always busy and, therefore, we can usually use extra hands!
This opportunity is suitable for high school volunteers and older, or groups of volunteers looking for a one-day project.Duties
- Help keep the shop clean and organized
- Perform finishing tasks, as needed: sanding, filling, painting and clearcoating.
- Sharpening and maintaining tools
- Some experience with hands-on, detail-oriented work, whether it’s art, woodworking, cake-making, or gardening
- Eagerness to get your hands dirty and learning
- Shop orientation and project guidelines provided by Exhibit Fabrication team
- Opportunities to volunteer usually occur between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday-Friday. At least one 4-hour shifts is required a month, for a minimum of three months for individual volunteers. Group volunteering is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms. All volunteers must submit an application; volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applicants must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 shift per month for 3 months
- Exhibits Shop Assistants: Help...
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Green Roof Assistants
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Exhibits Fabricators
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistants