The Allen Farmers Market is a project of Allen Neighborhood Center (ANC), a 501(c)(3) organization in Lansing, Michigan. Since 2004, the market has served as a community hub where neighbors can find locally grown and produced foods, ready-to-eat dinner options, and a convivial atmosphere in which to socialize and build community. The market is held every Wednesday year-round: outdoors in the ANC parking lot from late May - October, 2:30-7pm; and inside the Allen Market Place from November - early May, 3-6:30pm.
ANC is offering an unpaid internship to those interested in farmers market management, communications, and community development.
- Volunteer coordination: lead team of volunteers during each market and train new volunteers.
- On-site assistance to the Market Manager during market days.
- Back-end assistance to Market Manager such as event planning and reporting.
- Commitment to serve 8-10 hours each Wednesday from May - October 2017.
- Desire and ability to engage with a diverse group of people, particularly those living in low-income neighborhoods.
- Enthusiasm for local food and the Lansing community.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks necessary to run an outdoor market in all types of weather.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
We are able to partner with academic institutions to provide this internship for college credit.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, 517-999-3919.
Also complete our internship form found at:
More information about the Allen Farmers Market can be found on our
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AllenFarmersMarket/
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training