Committee Objective:Overall execution of the Walk to Cure Arthritis - Puget Sound. This includes event logistics, team development, and fundraising to hit event goal of $64,000.
Length of Involvement:6 months
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours per month (possible additional hours in May)
- Attend Walk to Cure Arthritis event
- Attend Kick Off Event (TBD March 2017)
- Attend monthly committee meetings ( in person or on phone)
- Start a team for the Walk, and fundraise amongst friends and family
- Recruit a second team
- Advertise the event throughout your social circle.
- Help execute various parts of the walk as needed/assigned by the Chair.
- Generate new revenue for the event by accessing personal connections (in-kind donors, sponsors, etc.)
- Sign up for a specific sub-committee, listed on the next page
Arthritis is the number 1 causing disability in the United States, affecting more than 50 million people. The Arthritis Foundation is committed to finding a cure for the millions of people who suffer from arthritis pain, including 300,000 children and their families.
Walk to Cure Arthritis is the Arthritis Foundation’s nationwide signature event that rallies communities and raises funds to conquer arthritis once and for all. Join us for the Walk to Cure Arthritis and say Yes to helping create a world where people don’t have to struggle to button their shirt, tie their shoe, pick up their child or grandchild or play with their friends. As Champions of Yes, it’s up to us to make sure that people with arthritis have life changing resources and information to manage their disease, access to the critical medications they need to live full, healthy lives and to accelerate the path to better treatments and a cure through cutting-edge research.
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18