The Allen Farmers Market is a project of Allen Neighborhood Center (ANC), a 501(c)(3) organization in Lansing, Michigan. Since 2004, the market has served as a community hub where neighbors can find locally grown and produced foods, ready-to-eat dinner options, and a convivial atmosphere in which to socialize and build community. The market is held every Wednesday year-round: outdoors in the ANC parking lot from late May - October, 2:30-7pm; and inside the Allen Market Place from November - early May, 3-6:30pm.
- Processing shoppers’ credit/debit cards and EBT cards.
- Recording transactions and shopper information.
- Interacting with shoppers and creating a welcoming environment at the bank.
- Commitment to serve from 2-7pm each Wednesday, May - October 2017.
- Desire and ability to engage with a diverse group of people, particularly those living in low-income neighborhoods.
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping activities.
- Enthusiasm for local food and the Lansing community.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment.
We are able to partner with academic institutions to provide this internship for college credit.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, 517-999-3919.
Also complete our internship form found at:
More information about the Allen Farmers Market can be found on our
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AllenFarmersMarket/
- Data Entry
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training