The Mass Alliance of HUD Tenants (MAHT) seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
* Assist in writing press releases
* Assist in developing social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) * Garner users to follow/like for MAHT
* Establish presence on LinkedIn and begin engaging influencers
* Prepare impact reports
* Assist with special events
* Assist in writing, editing and sending out member communications
* Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong written, verbal & organizational skills
* Excellent computer skills with experience in social media & Microsoft Office * The ability to work independently and with others
* Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
* Openness to learning and growing within the internship experience
* Must be working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations).
* Understanding of the basic principles of communications, public relations and/or marketing.
* Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, and multi-task
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
* Enthusiasm for the mission of MAHT
Ideal candidate is an undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate student in public relations, marketing, communications, digital communication for business development. Ideal candidates will be detail oriented, organized and creative and possess a professional work ethic and be enthusiastic to gain new knowledge.
This is intended to describe the general nature and level of work, and this is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Interns may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 5 hours/week for at least 10 weeks.