Please apply at:
About Coastal Roots Farm
Coastal Roots Farm is a community farm that integrates the practices of Jewish tradition and sustainable agriculture to grow and share healthy food, care for the land, and help and strengthen connections between neighbors. Through hands‐on educational experiences and produce donations to neighbors that need it most, the Farm is fostering a vibrant and sustainable community that grows, seeds, and shares.
Coastal Roots Farm consists of mixed gardens, an orchard/food forest, animal pastures, and a vineyard, all in various stages of development. The Farm was incubated by the Leichtag Foundation and was recently spun off as a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Coastal Roots Farm is funded through a diverse revenue mix, including philanthropic partners and social enterprise.
* Washing, sorting and crating of vegetables
* Farm Stand set-up and/or break down
* Customer Service: Includes sharing the mission and values of Coastal Roots Farm, and explaining our pay-what-you-can model.
* Other duties as assigned.
Time Frame and Commitment:
* Commitment of 3 hours per week, either Thursday (between 12 p.m. - 7 p.m.) or Sunday (between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
* Commitment of at least three months
* At least 24 hour notice for change in scheduling
* As the Farm Stand Volunteer may be working independently around the farm and Leichtag Commons, volunteer must complete and pass a background check at their own expense
* Customer-service oriented
* Extrovert, enjoys speaking to the public and meeting new people
* Ability to lift 20 lb. crates of vegetables
* Team player, cooperative, able to take direction
* Desired: passion for organic food, local food system, cooking and gardening
* Volunteer tee-shirt!
* Increase your knowledge about organically and locally grown produce
* Knowledge that you've helped increase access to locally grown, fresh and healthy produce to community members in need
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 months, 3 hours/wk Thurs 12 - 7 or Sunday 8 - 4
- Ability to lift 20 lb. crates of vegetables