About Coastal Roots Farm
Coastal Roots Farm is a community farm that integrates the practices of Jewish tradition and sustainable agriculture to grow and share healthy food, care for the land, and help and strengthen connections between neighbors. Through hands?on educational experiences and produce donations to neighbors that need it most, the Farm is fostering a vibrant and sustainable community that grows, seeds, and shares.
Coastal Roots Farm consists of mixed gardens, an orchard/food forest, animal pastures, and a vineyard, all in various stages of development. The Farm was incubated by the Leichtag Foundation and was recently spun off as a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Coastal Roots Farm is funded through a diverse revenue mix, including philanthropic partners and social enterprise.
* Setting up the Farm Stand: carrying crates of vegetables, putting out signs, cleaning the Farm Stand area (sweeping, wiping surfaces, etc.), creating visual displays, setting a welcoming and inviting atmosphere.
* CSA Management: Helping pack and fill the CSA boxes (up to 15) with vegetables, welcoming and checking CSA members as they come to pick up, answering questions of members or directing them to staff, ensuring CSA members feel like part of the farm family and "VIP" customers.
* Customer Service: Welcoming all customers to the Farm Stand, familiarizing customers w. the Farm's mission and vision as well as the pay-what-you-can system; answering questions about the produce (names, varieties, nutritional value, storage, recipe and preparation advice, etc.); may be interacting with bilingual customers. Ensuring a welcoming, warm and inviting experience.
* Breaking down the Farm Stand: Putting the vegetables away in the cooler; cleaning up the decorations; sweeping; and helping to put all materials away.
* Other duties as assigned.
Time Frame and Commitment:
* Commitment of every Thursday from 1-6pm
* Commitment of at least three months
* At least 24 hour notice for change in scheduling
* Customer-service oriented
* Extrovert, enjoys speaking to the public and meeting new people
* Detail oriented
* Ability to lift 20 lb crates of vegetables
* Team player, cooperative, able to take direction
* Desired: Passion for organic food, local food system, cooking and gardening
* Volunteer tee-shirt!
* Increase your knowledge about organically and locally grown produce
* Knowledge that you've helped increase access to locally grown, fresh and healthy produce to community members in need
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3 months, Thursdays 1?6pm, 20 hours/month
- lift up to 20 lbs