Please apply at:
About Coastal Roots Farm
Coastal Roots Farm is a community farm that integrates the practices of Jewish tradition and sustainable agriculture to grow and share healthy food, care for the land, and help and strengthen connections between neighbors. Through hands‐on educational experiences and produce donations to neighbors that need it most, the Farm is fostering a vibrant and sustainable community that grows, seeds, and shares.
Coastal Roots Farm consists of mixed gardens, an orchard/food forest, animal pastures, and a vineyard, all in various stages of development. The Farm was incubated by the Leichtag Foundation and was recently spun off as a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Coastal Roots Farm is funded through a diverse revenue mix, including philanthropic partners and social enterprise.
* Weeding, Pruning, and thinning densely seeded plants
* Planting seeds/plants
* Laying drip tape
* Laying mulch
* Harvesting and Washing vegetables
* Cleaning hand tools
* Creating farm signage/labels
* Record keeping/ data collection
Time Frame and Commitment
* At least 16 hours per month; 4 hours per week (Sundays or Wednesdays)
* Commitment of at least three months
* At least 24 hour notice for change in scheduling
Qualifications and Requirements
* As the Vegetable Production volunteer may be working independently around the farm and Leichtag Commons, volunteer must complete and pass a background check at their own expense
* Physical abilities: can bend over, squat, kneel or stand for extended periods of time.
* Experience in organic farming or gardening preferred
* Detail oriented and solid work ethic
* Volunteer tee-shirt!
* Increase your knowledge about organically and locally grown produce
* Increase your knowledge and experience in production farming and social enterprise
* Knowledge that you've helped increase access to locally grown, fresh and healthy produce to community members in need
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 16 hours/month; 4 hours/week (Sun or Wed)
- * Physical abilities: can bend over, squat, kneel or stand for extended periods of time.