Lung Cancer Alliance is looking for Volunteer Committe Members to assist in planning our Fourth Annual Lung Love Walk Houston 5k. Lung Cancer Alliance is the leading organization dedicated to saving lives and advancing research by empowering those living with and at risk for lung cancer.
Lung Love Walk Houston is a 5k at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park that aims to raise the public's awareness regarding lung cancer and provide hope for those impacted by the disease. For the past three years, Lung Cancer Alliance has brought together people affected by lung cancer throughout the Greater Houston area to celebrate their loved ones and be a part of the lung cancer community and we are very excited for our fourth annual event on Saturday, November 4th, 2017!
We are always looking for new Volunteer Commitee Members to help us in planning this event 3 to 6 months prior to the chosen event date (Saturday, November 4, 2017).
Some of the responsbilities/tasks based on your interests for this position include:
- Participating in monthly committee conference calls to discuss planning and logistics. These generally take place on Wednesday evenings and last for approximately one hour.
- Assisting in marketing this event by posting on personal social media channels and local community calendars as well as handing out and posting flyers in your community.
- Inviting friends, family, co-workers, local businesses, etc. to participate in this event by registering at www.LungLoveWalkHouston.org
- Reaching out to potential sponsors with the event sponsor packet and flyer.
- Assiting in recruting day of volunteers to help with the event on Saturday, November, 4th.
- Volunteering at the event on Saturday, November 4th from 5:00am to 11:30am.
- Volunteering on Friday, November 3rd for a few hours late afternoon to set up for the event.
- Providing planning and event-day feedback following the event.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply for this position.
- While having a vehicle is not required, you must be able to find transportation to the event on Saturday, November 4th and to the location where we will prepare on Friday, November 3rd.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in sales, fundraising or non-profit work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and Google Drive (must create a Google Drive Account if you do not already have one setup).
- A passion for empowering patients, surivors and those at risk with information, support and hope to improve outcomes and quality of life.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monthly calls (1 hour) & ongoing community time