Lung Cancer Alliance is looking for Volunteer Committee Members to assist in planning our Fourth Annual Lung Love Run/Walk Portland 5k. Lung Cancer Alliance is the leading organization dedicated to saving lives and advancing research by empowering those living with and at risk for lung cancer.
Lung Love Run/Walk Portland is a 5k through Laurelhurst Park that aims to raise the public's awareness regarding lung cancer and provide hope for those impacted by the disease. Last year, Lung Cancer Alliance brought together people affected by lung cancer throughout the Greater Portland area to celebrate their loved ones and be a part of the lung cancer community and we are very excited for our fourth annual event on Saturday, June 23, 2018!
We are always looking for new Volunteer Committee Members to help us in planning this event 3 to 6 months prior to the chosen event date (Saturday, June 23, 2018).
Some of the responsbilities/tasks based on your interests for this position include:
- Participating in monthly committee conference calls to discuss planning and logistics. These generally take place on Wednesday evenings and last for approximately one hour.
- Assisting in marketing this event by posting on personal social media channels and local community calendars as well as handing out and posting flyers in your community.
- Inviting friends, family, co-workers, local businesses, etc. to participate in this event by registering at www.LungLoveRunWalkPortland.org.
- Reaching out to potential sponsors with the event sponsor packet and flyer.
- Assisting in recruiting day of volunteers to help with the event on Saturday, June 23rd.
- Volunteering at the event on Saturday, June 23rd from 5:30am to 10:30am.
- Volunteering on Friday, June 22nd for a few hours to fold event t-shirts and pack event race bags in preparation for the event.
- Providing planning and event-day feedback following the event.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply for this position.
- While having a vehicle is not required, you must be able to find transportation to the event on Saturday, June 23rd and to the location where we will prepare on Friday, June 22nd.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in sales, fundraising or non-profit work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and Google Drive (must create a Google Drive Account if you do not already have one setup).
- A passion for empowering patients, survivors and those at risk with information, support and hope to improve outcomes and quality of life.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monthly calls (1 hour) & ongoing community time