As a STEM volunteer with Metamorphasis Powerhouse Company, you’ll introduce youth to new experiences that show them they’re capable of more than they ever imagined!
You’ll be their cheerleader, their guide, and the mentor that shows them that anything is possible- because #WITHSTEMUCAN create, challenge, convey, coordinate, craft, code, and conquer all sorts of challenges. What your mentee will soon learn is just is the same with life as we help them transform "I CAN'T" attitudes into "I CAN" aptitudes of behavior and skill sets.
The memories you’ll share will last long after the meetings, events, and workshops are over. Start inspiring what youth will aspire to today, and help unleash the power of YES into their future.
Our Building E-STE(A)M For Youth STEM Volunteers:
- Meet with youth 4th-12th grade on a weekly basis
- Routinely serve underrepresented youth populations (minorities and females) in low income, at-risk youth populations, and Title I schools
- Must have their own reliable transportation if volunteering as an on-site volunteer
- Must be willing to commit to a 2 hour per week mentor session
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- May apply as a college intern for approved credit hours/community service for longer service hour opportunities
- May be asked to work alongside partner STEM organizations within our network for events and projects
- Work or Major in one of the following: E-Commerce, Science, Technology, Engineering, The Arts, Mathematics, Mechanics, or Medicine
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours/ Internship Available
- On-site and virtual opportunities available; must have own transportation