Join Technovation Georgia's Leadership Team in the role of Marketing & PR Manager.
Your role is to let the community know all about the great things we’re doing and that we need their support to succeed. This will include encouraging people to come to/volunteer at our events, securing PR opportunities, and working with our developers to keep our web presence updated. You’ll also work with the fundraising coordinator to craft great messages and materials to raise funds.
- Development and documentation of branding, marketing and communications strategies for the Georgia chapter
- Oversee implementation of the above marketing strategy, including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
- Develop the marketing strategy for new events and programs
- Work closely with the rest of the leadership team to define marketing materials and programs
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Work with the Fundraising Managers to promote any fundraising events and provide materials to acknowledge and sustain our relationships with donors
- Create and maintain newsletters to keep our students, volunteers, and mentors up-to-date with news and events
- Continuously update the website
- Work with Leaders to ensure that upcoming events and needs are published to social media and website
Our ideal manager will have some or all of the below:
- Experience with either nonprofits and/or the tech field
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities.
- Understanding of social media and web
- Experience with mailing campaigns
- Ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
A chance to impact many lives in your local community. An opportunity to have a director-level leadership experience to put on your resume. Extensive networking opportunities at a local level with a wide diversity of tech companies and other organizations.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should fill out the Volunteer Form at https://airtable.com/shrQUw51MMHavs6pf to start the application process.
Technovation is the world’s largest technology entrepreneurship program for girls. Through Technovation, girls ages 10-18 identify a problem in their community, develop a mobile app to solve this problem, and launch a startup. Over the course of three months, teams of students learn how to plan, develop, and execute a complete business model and technology product. These young girls go through the same design thinking process any innovator goes through with the help of mentors who offer real-world connections to STEM careers. Not only does this program serve the girls but it also has a very positive impact on the mentors who learn project management skills, technical skills, mentoring skills, and renewed passion for their professions.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 4 hours per week during competition season