Join Technovation Georgia's Leadership Team in the role of Fundraising Manager.
- Manages the development team as a cohesive unit
- Working with web team to ensure sponsorship page is up to date
- Working with Technovation marketing and outreach team members to increase awareness of the Technovation organization by e-mail/web marketing, word-of-mouth at local conferences and other events, and other means
- Developing fundraising strategies, which may include organizing fundraising events, web-based fundraising (Kickstarter, indiegogo, etc.), grant applications and others
- Working with marketing team members to develop appropriate solicitation materials and other correspondence and acknowledgements
- Tracking and analyzing past fundraising efforts to measure effectiveness and forecasting for future fundraising needs
- Working with the volunteer management team to build a team to assist in fundraising duties and outreach
- Managing the donor database to ensure contact information is current and donor contact preferences are honored
Our ideal manager will have some or all of the below:
- Experience with either nonprofits and/or the tech field
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work in a collaborative style and move others to action by planning, motivating and organizing work tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain credibility and relationships
A chance to impact many lives in your local community. An opportunity to have a director-level leadership experience to put on your resume. Extensive networking opportunities at a local level with a wide diversity of tech companies and other organizations.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should fill out the Volunteer Form at https://airtable.com/shrQUw51MMHavs6pf to start the application process.
Technovation is the world’s largest technology entrepreneurship program for girls. Through Technovation, girls ages 10-18 identify a problem in their community, develop a mobile app to solve this problem, and launch a startup. Over the course of three months, teams of students learn how to plan, develop, and execute a complete business model and technology product. These young girls go through the same design thinking process any innovator goes through with the help of mentors who offer real-world connections to STEM careers. Not only does this program serve the girls but it also has a very positive impact on the mentors who learn project management skills, technical skills, mentoring skills, and renewed passion for their professions.
- Resource Development / Management
- Internet Research
- Customer Acquisition
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 per week during competition season