We’re looking for a talented and driven Community Manager to join our volunteer staff at The World is Fun! Reporting to and in partnership with the Social Media Director the Community Manager will work closely with the Director of Social Media develop and implement community engagement strategies for The World is Fun’s community of charitable and engaged Seattleites via social networking websites and social media channels. You will be responsible for keeping our community informed, responding to questions, creating strategic communications plans for specific channels, welcoming new community members and generally keeping our community members engaged, informed and to increase awareness about our organization.
Would include at least one of the following:
- Prepares outreach strategies for our community of engaged more than 4,000 Seattleites
- Works together with a staff of Social Media coordinators and cross functionally to ensure the community is aware of all current events and goings-on at The World is Fun.
- Maintains social outreach for upcoming events and volunteer opportunities
- Creates an outreach and community curation strategy to ensure retention and value for our community.
- Works closely with a team of community managers, Social Media Coordinators and the Director of Social Media to plan and execute a robust cross-channel content strategy.
- Creates content that reaches a community of more than 4,000 community members
- Excellent written communication skills
- Social Media familiarity, including Meetup, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media interfaces.
This position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. Every Social Media staff member is required to attend the monthly team meeting, which is held the third Wednesday of the month from 7-8 pm.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume online at: http://www.theworldisfun.org/apply. TWIF is an Equal Opportunity Organization.
The World is Fun (TWIF) is a Seattle based charitable social club that is focused on connecting Seattleites with the nonprofits that need their support in a fun and engaging way. Our organization creates group volunteer opportunities, unique fundraising events and engaging ways for communities to connect.
TWIF operates entirely on volunteer power. Each of our volunteer staff members agrees to 10-15 flexible hours per month which makes our events, programs and volunteer core of over 2500 people possible.
For more information about TWIF please visit www.theworldisfun.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year