POSITION TITLE: Special Events Intern
TYPE: Flexible, 6-10 hours a week. This is an unpaid position.
REPORTS TO: Advancement Director
ORGANIZATIONAL MISSION: Neighbors serving neighbors in need.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Special Events Intern is an essential Advancement team member and supports the organization by providing assistance in the planning and coordination of the annual fundraising gala.
- Making follow up calls and visits to solicit auction items
- Receiving, logging, and tracking auction items
- Writing descriptions of auction items
- Organizing and assisting with day-of-event auction set up
- Creating display boards
- Providing additional event planning assistance as needed
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Pleasant, professional phone manner
- Able to take direction; capable and willing to take initiative
- Able to work with others
- Dependable, reliable and able to work independently
Benefits of joining the team:
- Gain working knowledge of non-profit event planning
- Develop project coordination experience
- Build relationships with a great team of volunteers and staff
- Internship hours
- February through the end of May 2017. Schedule to be determined with supervisor.
- Must be available for the annual gala event on Friday, May 19.
Submit resume and cover letter to Patty Schulz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 5:00 p.m. February 3, 2017 to guarantee review of candidacy. No phone inquiries please.
- Resource Development / Management
- Event Design & Planning
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hours a week from February through May 2017