Are you passionate about nutrition? Do you want to engage fellow Jersey City residents around healthy eating? Do you want to learn new skills?
Share your knowledge and lead 20 minute healthy grocery store tours for adults in Jersey City! You will be helping families to make healthier choices at the grocery store while remaining within their food budget so they can lead healthier lives without breaking the bank.
After a brief training, you will become a Tour Leader and be able to discuss healthy shopping and nutrition topics including:
- identifying 3 ways to buy produce on a budget
- reading nutrition labels, comparing unit prices
- identifying whole grain foods.
As a Tour Leader, you will:
- Complete web-based and in-person trainings
- Work with CMATS coordinator to organize tours
- Administer select program materials
- Conduct 20 minute store tours and distribute incentive itemsRequirements
Prospective volunteers (tour leaders) are required to fill out an application and complete a web-based and/or in-person training session prior to leading tours. There is a minimum commitment of 5 tours (approx 1.5 hrs each) over a 3 month period. Must be at least 18 years old. Bi-lingual preferred but not required
APPLY HERE Through Serve Jersey City:
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months and about a 100 minutes/5x 20 minute tour