We are looking for a successful Recruiter who will collaborate with the Executive Director and board on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs. You should also be able to attract candidates using various sources, like social media networks and board and volunteer referrals
Ultimately, the responsibilities of the Recruiter are to ensure our company attracts, hires and retains the best candidates, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
In this advocacy, our efforts may be great, but they are not enough yet. We are a young organization and our immediate goals is to build the foundation in which we plan to kick start our initiatives in different communities in Atlanta and in the future the south.
Our programs at HYPE, which involve community service, HIV education, academic education and care, and self and social empowerment, should materialize today in order to ensure sustainability and long-term benefits. Your knowledge and skills can help us make that possible.
The H.Y.P.E. to Empower Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
The H.Y.P.E. to Empower Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent.
Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Recruiter:
- Develop and execute recruiting plans.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and volunteers.
- Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives.
- Administrative duties and recordkeeping.
Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
- Work with Executive Director on recruiting planning meetings.
- Create job descriptions.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Utilize the Internet for recruitment.
--Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
--Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting.
--Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
--Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
Network through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships, Trade Groups and Board members and volunteers
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
- Communicate with board members and Executive Director regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Create contacts within the industry.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
Coordinate and Implement College Recruiting Initiatives
- Coordinate college recruiting initiatives.
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Develop working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
- Manage the use of recruiters and headhunters.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential board members and volunteers .
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Assist in interviewing and selecting board members and volunteers onsite.
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
- Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with recruiting, technical recruiting a plus.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
On March 28, 2011, on his ninetieth birthday Robert LaMar Yarborough (LaMar) was diagnosed with AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome). In December of the same year, he was also diagnosed with Cancer. Despite these life changing events, LaMar prevailed. With much prayer and strong will he beat cancer and became HIV undetectable (controlled). Living with the virus LaMar grew an urge to working hands on with HIV/AIDS. He started volunteering with different organizations.
After living with the virus for 3years, LaMar formed his own organization, HIV Positive Youth That Pledge to Empower Themselves and Others or (H.Y.P.E). H.Y.P.E was created from inspiration, love, and compassion.
As the founder and Executive Director of this Non-Profit, I was inspired to start a vibrant organization, I did not want anyone else to look at their diagnosis in a negative way. Instead, I wanted to give hope.
:Submit a cover letter as a single .pdf document.
Application filename should read: First name Last name - Board and Volunteer Recruiter
LaMar Yarborough (Executive Director)
We strongly support inclusiveness and encourage immigrants, refugees, LGBTQ+, individuals with (dis)abilities, and traditionally marginalized communities to apply.
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Recruitment
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment