We are looking for native English teachers who are enthusiastic and motivated to join our small team, in teaching English classes all ages and grades.
The English teachers from Make a Difference Abroad are placed at either public or private elementary and middle schools where they teach English in the morning or afternoon to teenagers and children from 6 to 15 years old. As a teacher you will work 4 to 6 hours a day, five days a week. The schedule depends upon the placement of the teacher.
The courses are either part of the children’s regular coursework or will be incorporated into other activities. English teachers will assist each other in developing lesson plans, leading classes and implementing interactive learning activities such as games, shows and songs. We require a willingness to learn and give it your best.
Typical tasks that may be carried out include:
Share your experience and culture.
Compliance with code of conduct, school policy & dress code.
Provide a good quality of work for both your classes and team-work.
Apply yourself at improving the weak spots of your work environment
Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
Classroom management and basic administration, such as keeping student registers and attendance records.
-Be Native English Speaker (only)
-Participants must be 20 years of age or older.
-Have a Valid ID or Driver License.
-Have all suggested Vaccinations.
-Must be able to make a semester commitment.
-Have the ability to work with limited resources.
- Have an International Travel & Health Insurance plan.
-You must hold a valid passport before to entering Mexico.
- Have the ability to live and work in a culture vastly different than your culture of origin.
-Be committed, responsible and flexible/ adaptable to change.
What’s in it for me?
* A once in a lifetime experience to serve in immeasurable ways and meet wonderful friends.
* Improve your speaking and conversation skills in Spanish
* Personal sense of achievement and satisfaction.
* Competitive multicultural, international, and professional experience.
* Immersion in Spanish-speaking environment & Latin American culture
* The opportunity to change and make a positive impact in the lives of others!
* Featuring hands-on teaching, and supporting a worthwhile cause.
* Develop the skills necessary to teach in any country and interact with people from all over the globe.
What benefits can I get?
* Free Spanish lessons.
* Free regional Trips.
* Airport pickup service is available to you.
* Friendly team and good working environment.
* Free accommodation with a Host Family, or in a shared apartment/studio.
* Official certificate from the school where you serve.
* Incredible students -- close-knit, friendly environment
* Letters of Recommendation.
Flights to and from Mexico. -Visas and/or entry/exit fees. -Vaccinations. -Local Transportation. -Travel & Health Insurance. -Laundry and toiletries.
When contacting us, please provide a valid cell phone number and to ensure our emails continue to reach your inbox, please add our email address to your address book.
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 3,4,or 6 months