A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our focus is to provide children, ages 6-18 who are patients or survivors of juvenile cancer, the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing! A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and any other artistic passion they may have.
After a very incredible and successful year, we are seeking an intern or volunteer to help us with graphic designing. Your passion and dedication will directly lead to more young people getting the arts opportunities they deserve.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- An extreme attention to detail bordering on fanaticism
- Experience designing on both PC/MAC platforms
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Understanding of Google Docs
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Friendly phone personality, etiquette on being able to write emails
- Highly organized
- Experience with Internet Searching
- Graphic Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteer Magazine Editor ASAP...
- Volunteer Director of Development
- VP of HR
- Volunteer CPA
- Graphic Designer for NonProfit
- VP of Marketing
- Package Assembler Volunteer
- Fundraising Assistant
- Children Programs Coordinator
- Piano Tutor for Child Fighting...
- Development Director
- Administration Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Costume Designer for TV Show
- Director of Development
- Volunteer Producer!
- Volunteer Talented Guitar Tutor
- Volunteer Artist Manager
- PR Social Media Coordinator