Do you like to handle money? AND be accurate in counting it out to others? Interested in only working one day a week? Do we have the job for you!
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places in the world through transportation, technology, media, and training.
If you enjoy working with people and don’t mind taking deposits to the bank, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for performing clerical operations in accounting, banking, insurance, or other finance office activities.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Receive cash deposits
- Disburse funds
- Reconcile cash balance
- Deposit cash and checks into the bank
- This is a .2 FTE position
Requirement and Experience Desired
- Person should be organized and detail oriented, and enjoy working with people
- No experience required, but accounting or banking knowledge is helpful
- One day per week
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 4 hours a week
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- Multi-Generational Engagement...
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff