Give your time, your talents and your spirit...
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1359 Pine StSan Francisco, CA 94109
Our Volunteer Program
Tunnell Center volunteers are there to assist the activities department, deliver resident mail, hold a hand and listen, help facilitate refreshments and social dining program. Volunteers are there to support the activities department to bring joy and amusement into the life of the residents. No matter what your skills, talents or motivation, we have opportunities for you to help.
Being a Kindred Tunnell Center Volunteer means
- Having concern for others
- Practicing tolerance, flexibility, patience
- Being mature with self-understanding
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to maintain confidentiality
- Being sympathetic/empathetic, sincere, sensitive
- Acceptance of moral and cultural differences
- Fostering a positive atmosphere within the facility
- Having the ability to accept supervision and evaluation
- Being at least 16-years-old
- Annual TB testing
- Submit to and pass a criminal background screening
- Submit to and pass a drug screening
There are no restrictions in regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ability or national origin.
Patient Visitor Volunteers:
Make friendly visits to patients within the facility, and provide companionship and support to the patients and their families.
Pet Therapy Volunteers:
Make supportive visits to patients with their registered therapy dogs. The pet therapy volunteer team must be registered or be willing to become registered through an organization such at Therapy Dog, Inc., Therapy Dog International, etc.
Other Specialty and Professional Volunteers:
Volunteers who want to provide specific support including music, art/crafts, spiritual support, handyman, etc. Additionally, those who want to share professional skills such as art and music therapists, beauticians and barbers and other professional services are welcomed.
Volunteers can choose when and how they give their time but must commit to volunteering for at least 3 months.
- Hospice Care
- Life Coaching
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- At lease 3-month commitment
- All volunteers have to fill out a Volunteer Application and must pass background check and drug test