Since 2001 DOROT’s prestigious Summer Teen Internship Program has been inspiring high school students to become leaders and give back to the community. Volunteer with a diverse group of socially-conscious high school students to help local seniors connect. The internship is designed to provide students with a minimum of 92 hours of community service.
* Documentary Filmaking - Session I
* Intergenerational Theater - Session II
* Deliver meals and birthday cakes
* Teach computer skills
* Cook and dine with seniors
* Plan intergenerational trips to local museums
* 104 hours of community service
Session 1: June 26 - July 20 (exceptions made for regents exams)
Session 2: July 24 - August 17
Apply here: www.dorotusa.org/teenapp
Watch a Day in the Life of a DOROT Teen Intern:
''It’s an incredibly fulfilling experience to reach out to the seniors in the community and help them with whatever they need assistance with. It's also an added benefit that, as teen interns, we can build relationships with other teens who love the same service work. -Maude, Summer Teen Intern
The DOROT Summer Teen Internship Program is jointly funded by UJA-Federation of New York and the Jim Joseph Foundation. The Jewish Education Project serves as lead operator of the Initiative.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 4 days a week for 4 weeks
- For high school students - rising sophomores through rising seniors. For NY Residents Only.
- Create Birthday Cards for the...
- Summer Teen Internship Program...
- Lead a teleconference class
- Lead a teleconference class for...
- Retired? Volunteer with DOROT...
- Escort a senior to a cultural...
- Become a Friendly Visitor with a...
- Teach computer skills to ...
- Intergenerational Chess - Youth...
- Riverdale Y - DOROT Summer Teen...
- Help seniors with grocery...
- Knitting & Crocheting Afghans...
- DOROT School Year TEEN Internship
- Create Birthday Cards for Seniors