On March 28, 2011, on his ninetieth birthday Robert LaMar Yarborough (LaMar) was diagnosed with AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome). In December of the same year, he was also diagnosed with Cancer. Despite these life changing events, LaMar prevailed. With much prayer and strong will he beat cancer and became HIV undetectable (controlled). Living with the virus LaMar grew an urge to working hands on with HIV/AIDS. He started volunteering with different organizations.
After living with the virus for 3years, LaMar formed his own organization, HIV Positive Youth That Pledge to Empower Themselves and Others or (H.Y.P.E). H.Y.P.E was created from inspiration, love, and compassion.
As the founder and Executive Director of this Non-Profit, I was inspired to start a vibrant organization, I did not want anyone else to look at their diagnosis in a negative way. Instead, I wanted to give hope.
In this advocacy, our efforts may be great, but they are not enough yet. We are a young organization and our immediate goals is to build the foundation in which we plan to kick start our initiatives in different communities in Atlanta and in the future the south.
Our programs at HYPE, which involve community service, HIV education and care, and self and social empowerment, should materialize today in order to ensure sustainability and long-term benefits. Your knowledge and skills can help us make that possible.
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with our Executive Director (until we build out teams and committees) to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal (Not mandatory) candidate holds a Finance degree (preferably followed by accounting CPE courses) and is familiar with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks, Kashoo, quickbooks and KashFlow.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper's responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete forms
- Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration (Preferd)
We strongly support inclusiveness and encourage immigrants, refugees, LGBTQ+, individuals with (dis)abilities, and traditionally marginalized communities to apply.
Application filename should read: First name Last name - BookKeeping
LaMar Yarborough (Executive Director)
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment