Love plants? Volunteer in our gardens!
DONATE TO THIS
54 people are interested
Help care for the Butterfly Pavilion’s tropical, garden and native plants in our indoor and outdoor exhibits! In our exhibits, volunteers ensure that our plant collections provide healthy habitats for our invertebrates on display, creating an excellent visitor experience. And outside the pavilion, volunteers help gardens and nature trails thrive, providing food and shelter for a number of native animal species.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Assist staff and other volunteers with weeding, watering, pruning and deadheading. Scout and manage pests with environmentally friendly methods. Assist horticulture staff with planting bulbs, seeds, annuals, perennials and woodies in outdoor gardens. Work with staff on special projects such as collecting and cleaning seeds or composting.
REQUIREMENTS & COMMITMENT:
- Be at least 14 years old.
- Commit to a minimum of 8 hours of service per month for a minimum of 6 months.
- Be able to attend required one-day Volunteer Orientation and Training.
- Work closely with staff and other volunteers, forming a sense of community in the fresh air among our beautiful gardens!
- Opportunities to learn more about plants, butterflies, and other invertebrates, as well as best gardening practices.
- Fun, educational, and social activities.
- Discounted membership and gift shop sales, and much more!
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE & APPLY:
***Please note that an application, interview and criminal background check are required in the selection process. Not all applicants will be selected.***
We'll work with your schedule.
6252 W 104th AveWestminster, CO 80020
- Habitat Restoration
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 8 hours per month for at least 6 months
- Bending, lifting, standing required; volunteers work both indoors and out depending on weather.